Our family affects who we are and who we become, both for the better and for worse. We learn our vocabulary, our habits, our customs and rituals, and how to view and observe the world around us.
Anyone seeking healthier, closer family relationships can benefit from family counseling.
Common reasons for seeking family counseling include:
- Parent-child conflict
- Problems between siblings
- Domestic violence
- Unexpected or traumatic loss of a family member
Family therapy is necessary to address family issues and heal a family’s wounds. If any of the above scenarios resonates with your family, consider seeking family therapy. Family therapy can be beneficial on many different levels.
Some positive family counseling outcomes are:
- Strategies to develop and maintain boundaries
- Fostered sense of cohesion and communication among family members
- Promotes problem solving through understanding of family patterns and dynamics
- Builds empathy and understanding.
- Reduces family conflict
Studies show that family counseling is particularly important for families with members who struggle with substance abuse, eating disorders and other behavioral issues. When the whole family grows, each member is better off.
If you’re interested in learning about how I can help pull your family back together, contact me today for a free consultation.
Modern Change offers family therapy in our Durham, NC office.